So today I turned 27. I’m officially in my late 20s. And I’m kind of excited about it! This past year has been amazing and I can’t wait to see what this year has in store for me. I’ve really enjoyed sharing my life adventures with all of you. But how well do you know me? I’ve decided to share 27 facts about me in honour of my 27th birthday!
- I love dogs. I can pretty much identify every breed and I’m totally living vicariously through my parents who are getting their puppy next week.
- My middle name is Carlen after my great-grandfather.
- I am terrified of needles; like pass out from fear, terrified.
- I have a thing for superhero movies. I love them!
- I’m not sporty at all.
- My favourite holiday is definitely Christmas. I love everything about the holidays.
- I’m very organised but not tidy. My husband calls me his little tornado because it’s a bit of a disaster when I’ve finished a project. But I do clean it up afterwards. Just the process is messy.
- I have a terrible sense of smell.
- My personal motto is “Live. Laugh. Love.”
- I speak both French and obviously English.
- My favourite city to visit is New York! Been there and loved every minute of it.
- I broke my wrist as a child. I can’t actually do push-ups because it doesn’t really bend properly.
- My favourite movie is the Sound of Music.
- I’m a bit of a Disney Fan. Tangled and Beauty and the Beast are two of my favourites!
- My favourite “fast food” chain is Pita Pit. It’s seriously my favourite. And they’re Turtle Cookies are amazing!!
- I have travelled to the east and west coast of Canada, New York, Chicago, Italy, Greece and the Dominican Republic.
- My favourite Starbucks order is either an Iced Green Tea Lemonade or a Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
- I love mystery shows. Some of my favourites include Bones, Sherlock, and Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
- My husband and I always have a couple’s comedy, a show that we watch together. So far we’ve watched How I Met Your Mother, The office, Parks and Recreation, and we are currently working on Friends
- Teal, grey and cobalt blue are my favourite colours.
- I grew up dancing and performing and now I help other kids do the same. I’ve directed and produced 4 Children’s Musicals so far and number 5 will be on stage this Christmas.
- While I love shoes, I prefer to be barefoot in my own house.
- Although I love to bake cakes and cupcakes, my favourite cake for my birthday is an ice cream cake!
- I’m really excited for Halloween because I love to have an excuse to dress up and I’ve vowed that we will do family costumes for as long as I can get away with it.
- I’m a picky eater and I really hate when my foods touch on my plate (I know it’s juvenile, but I can’t stand it!)
- I HATE SHORTS! In the summer, I pretty much live in dresses.
- My perfect Birthday would involve a day of shopping at Winners and HomeSense, picking up a few crafting supplies from Michael’s and of course a stop at Starbucks!
There you have it! I’m super excited to see what this next year has in store for me and my family. Oh, and that last fact leads me right into my very first giveaway!
Not only is today my birthday, it’s also my 3-month anniversary of blogging. So it’s high time I do a giveaway. A little gift from me to you! Basically, I want you to enjoy my birthday as much as I do.
I’ve got not 1 but 2 prize packs. Each prize pack contains a gift card to Starbucks, Michael’s and Homesnse/Winners/Marshalls, each loaded with $25 to treat yourself! That’s a total of $75!
Here’s how to enter:
- Like our Facebook page, like the photo and share it!
- Follow me on Instagram and Like the giveaway photo and tag a friend.
It’s that easy. This contest closes at 11:59pm EST on September 3rd, 2016 and winners will be announced on September 5th, 2016. Good luck to all!