I’m a baker.
I love to bake; always have and always will.
Everyone who knows me knows of my love of baking. When it comes to potlucks and buffets, everyone knows to ask me to bring dessert. And chances are I’ll whip up a batch of my famous turtle cookies or make a fabulous white chocolate cake or even a traditional Finn Pulla bread. The day before an event, you’ll find me watching over a hot oven, waiting for all that deliciousness to be ready.
But there are those days when I don’t really want to bake.
It happens to the best of us. Maybe I’m tired, or the week has been too busy, but there comes a day when I don’t want to bake. Being honest baking is a lot of work. By the time you make the dough, bake it, frost and decorate it, you’ve spent a few hours making a dessert and that before you add in the clean up for all those dishes. And the morning after you’ve been up all night with a screaming, crying baby, baking ends up being way too much work.
But I’ve got a secret dessert those days.
It involves 5 ingredients, takes less than 10 minutes to make, is a no-bake recipe and is absolutely delicious! I call it Chocolate Brownie Supreme.
I love this dessert and I have yet to meet a person who doesn’t. The best part is all the ingredients are basically store-bought and you just have to assemble. Even a two-year-old could make it.
- 1 box of 2-bite brownies (yep the premade brownies from the store)
- 1 pack of chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups of milk (to make the chocolate pudding)
- whipped dessert topping (like Cool Whip)
- *caramel sauce, chocolate sauce or milk chocolate bar as garnish* (totally optional)
- Make the pudding with the milk and powder as per the pudding instructions.
- In a 9″x9″ pan (although you can easily do this in a 9×13 pan since I had some leftovers), cover the bottom with a single flat layer of brownies. Don’t worry about covering every little hole, just place them and you’re good
- Pour the pudding over the brownies and spread until it’s one smooth, flat layer. A light tapping of the pan will encourage the pudding to get between those brownies.
- spread a generously thick layer of Cool Whip (or whatever whipped topping you have) over the pudding.
- Now you can finish here or you can add a garnish. Use a small grater to grate some milk chocolate bar over the top, or (my personal favourite) drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Scoop and enjoy!
It’s really that easy. You’re making layers with store-bought goodies and letting them work together to make a simple and delicious dessert that really anyone can make.
Want to make this dessert a little more fancy? Maybe for a party or quiet date-night in? It’s super easy to fancy this up! I use little glass dessert cups or mini Martini cups to make mini-individual sized desserts. Make sure to garnish to finish the look and serve with a little spoon and you’ve got the perfect, no-bake dessert for any occasion!