Back in November, my little sister got engaged! We are thrilled to welcome Braden into the family and for Serena to start this new chapter in her life. And of course, the wedding! But I’m jumping ahead. First, there was the proposal!
About a week before Braden popped the question, he sent me a message and gave me a little heads-up. He needed my help! My sister had mentioned that she really wanted her nails painted when she got engaged. So my first job was to make sure her nails were pretty and painted. My second job was to act as photographer. Braden knew Serena really wanted some couple photos and he asked if I would take some for them. It was the perfect cover story. As we walked through the woods, we stopped occasionally for photos. As we stopped by the river, he dropped down on one knee and pulled out a ring. I knew of course and was able to get the whole thing on camera. My sister, however, never saw it coming and was in totally shock. She kept saying, “No? Yes! No! Yes!” It was amazing.
As we walked through the woods, we stopped occasionally for photos. As we stopped by the river, Braden grabbed her hand, dropped down on one knee and pulled out a ring. I knew, of course, and was able to get the whole thing on camera. My sister, however, never saw it coming and was in totally shock. She kept saying, “No? Yes! No! Yes!” It was an amazing moment and I was so happy that I was able to be a part of it.
Since I had a bit of a heads-up, I was able to get this put together a little gift before they were even engaged. I handed Serena this gift basket less than an hour after the proposal. It’s perfect for any bride-to-be and has all the things one would need to plan a wedding.
Here’s what to include in the Perfect Engagement Gift Basket for a bride-to-be:
- a picture frame for their engagement pictures
- some bridal magazines – much as Pinterest is great, there’s something about
- small sticky flags – to mark magazine pages, contract information,
- a journal – to either keep a journal, take notes, or make lists
- a small notepad – for on the notes on the go, to-do lists, etc.
- some pens in fun colours – Take notes, sign documents, journal
- thank you cards – to have on hand for any little gifts, gestures that you might receive
- a sweet snack – like a chocolate bar (her favourite: dark chocolate and sea salt)
- a bottle of something fizzy and tasty (She’s a not drinker, so I got a bottle of sparkling juice)
I put everything in a basket, wrapped it in cellophane and added a little card. She was ready to start planning her wedding. And I am more than happy to help out….