The best produce is out right now! It’s one of the great things about summer. It’s so easy to get your fruits and veggies since everything is fresh, delicious and much cheaper. I’m all about the fresh fruit at this time of year; cherries, melon, berries, and peaches!
The other day, I had some limited supplies. I hadn’t done groceries for a few days and was running low on just about everything. I basically had some spice, chicken breast, and some peaches. I was kinda desperate so I figured this odd combo would have to do. So I chopped, sauteed and baked all while praying that, in the end, something edible would come out of my oven.
Well, it was not only edible, it was delicious!
Sweet peaches and a blend of spice are perfectly balanced by a splash of balsamic vinegar. It’s really great summer meal, taking full advantage of the summer peaches.
- 3 medium-sized, firm peaches, sliced thinly
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- roughly 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F and place chicken on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until almost cooked through.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Combine honey, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and lemon juice to the skillet, and mix until combined into a sauce.
- Add peaches to the sauce and stir until well coated. Cover and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for about 3-5 minutes until the peaches are soft but not mushy.
- Remove chicken from the oven and spoon peach mixture over top of each breast.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Return chicken to oven and allow to finish baking, about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!